Iceland Country Guide
This country, which you will have the chance to see with an Iceland flight ticket, is located in the north of the Atlantic Ocean. Located to the east of Greenland, between Norway and the British Isles, Iceland is an island country. Iceland, known as a state consisting of many small islands, borders Greenland, located 350 km away.
The capital of Iceland, which has a population of 320,000, is Reykjavik. It is possible to say that Iceland, which draws attention with its cities, many of which are located on the coast and the cities in the plains in the south, has many unique features. Among its unique features, the ban on consuming alcoholic beverages such as beer in public places attracts the attention of tourists visiting the country. Iceland, which continues to live by the rules set by Theogir, is a country very fond of its traditions and customs. The people still speak their own language and make a great effort to keep their culture active.
In Iceland, which provides education with a total of 5 universities and 2 colleges, education is compulsory between the ages of 7 and 15. It is known that in this country, where education is known to be of very high quality, there is no one who cannot read or write. In addition, Iceland attracts attention with being a country where same-sex marriage has been legal since 2010.
Icelandic Food Culture
Iceland is not a country suitable for agriculture due to its geological location. Therefore, the lack of richness in terms of vegetables and fruits has directly affected the food culture. Since it is an island country, fish is the basis of its food culture. Ocean perch, cod, lobster and salmon are among the most famous seafood in Iceland.
In Iceland, seafood is usually marinated with garlic, onion and salt and cooked in the traditional way, in the oven. Dried fish pieces and consumed with butter is a very popular snack.
One of the most popular dishes in Iceland is dried shark meat called Hakarl. The fish dish called Plokkfiskur, which is prepared by whipping and baked in the oven, is also very famous.
One of the most popular desserts in Icelandic cuisine, which attracts attention with its desserts in addition to main dishes, is blackberry jam cakes called randalin. This dessert, called Skyr and prepared by mixing unsalted cheese with cream and served with wild strawberries, attracts great attention from both local people and tourists coming to the country.
Places to Visit in Iceland
There are many places to visit in this country, which you can reach via Reykjavik Airport. Iceland, which is flooded with thousands of local and foreign tourists every year, is a dream country for many travelers.
· Blue Lake: Blue Lake is one of the symbolic spots of Iceland. This lake, which stands out with its warm water despite the cold weather of Iceland, offers an unforgettable experience with its unique view. It is known that the blue water of the lake gets its color from a substance called silica.
· Northern Lights: Playing a big role in Iceland's popularity, the Northern Lights are one of the country's highlights. The natural radiations that occur as a result of the interaction between the magnetic field and the charged particles coming from the sun fascinate those who see them.
· Jökulsárlón: Jökulsárlón, which attracts attention because it is the largest ice mass in Iceland, consists of glaciers in different colors. Jökulsárlón, which is open to visitors throughout all four seasons, is one of the spots that attract the most attention from tourists.
· Gullfoss Waterfall: Gullfoss Waterfall, which is on the UNESCO World Heritage List, allows you to see every shade of blue and green together.
· Hallgrímskirkja Church: Hallgrímskirkja Church, which fascinates those who see it with its height of 74.5 meters, is one of the tallest buildings in Iceland. The building, which serves not only as a church but also as an observation tower, is architecturally remarkable as it is one of the most modern buildings in the city.
· Myvatn: Standing out as one of the wettest areas in the country, Myvatn is home to many living creatures. Especially the bird diversity it hosts attracts great attention. It is recommended to visit this tourist spot in the summer months.
· Skogafoss: One of the largest waterfalls in Iceland, this waterfall attracts great attention from both tourists and local people. There are walking areas around Skogafoss, which will never be forgotten by those who see it with its magnificent view.
· Selfoss: Selfoss, one of the points where the Northern Lights can be seen, is one of the most popular regions in the country. This region, which you will have the chance to see with your Iceland flight ticket, stands out with its glass-covered hotels and offers accommodation by watching the sky. It is known that this region, which attracts attention with its unique features, is flocked by both local and foreign tourists.
· Harpa Concert Hall: Drawing attention with its architecture inspired by basalt landscapes, Harpa Concert Hall is used for events such as concerts and conferences. It is known that this hall, where it is possible to spend pleasant hours, is one of the most popular tourism spots.
The preferred method of transportation from Turkey to Iceland is flights. However, there is no direct flight to Reykjavik Airport in Iceland in Turkey. Many tourists traveling from Turkey to Iceland usually pass through Oslo.
Visitors who do not prefer Oslo can also choose to transfer via Copenhagen.
Airlines with Flights to Iceland
Among the airlines operating flights from Turkey to Iceland are Lufthansa and Ukraine International Airlines. Visitors who do not prefer these airlines can also choose airlines such as British Airways, Scandinavian Airlines, Finnair, Vulieng Airlines, Norwegian Airlines and Easyjet.
What Language Is Spoken In Iceland?
The traditional language called Icelandic, which is one of the Germanic languages, is spoken in Iceland.
How Is Iceland Governed?
Iceland is an independent country governed by the Republic of Iceland.
Is Iceland an Expensive Country?
Prices in many areas in Iceland are higher than in Turkey.
What is Iceland famous for?
Although Iceland is a country with its own characteristics, it is especially famous for its northern lights.
Is Iceland a Safe Country?
Iceland is known as the safest country in the world.
Is a Visa Required to Go to Iceland?
A Schengen Visa, also known as a Type C visa, is required to go to Iceland.
How Many Days Does It Take to Get an Iceland Visa?
Although the Iceland Visa is a visa that takes between 5 and 10 days depending on the density, various reasons may cause this period to be extended. Application must be made at least 30 days before the travel date.
In what season to go to Iceland?
The most suitable season for tourists visiting Iceland for touristic purposes is the summer months between June and August. Since the days last longer in these months, trips become much more enjoyable.
How Many Days to Visit Iceland?
A 1-week trip will be enough to visit Iceland completely.
What Currency is Used in Iceland?
The currency called Icelandic Krona is used in Iceland.
Iceland Flight Information
You can travel directly from Turkey to this airport called Reykjavik Airport. It is known that traveling is difficult. Therefore, it is known that tourists can also reach the country by making transfers. There are different airports that can be preferred for transfer. Transfer is an ideal option for those who want a more economical journey. The distance between Türkiye and Iceland is 4713.16 km. The journey between the two countries can take up to 15 hours with transfers.